Terms & Conditions
Centre Stage School of the Arts
Policy and Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- All parents are requested to note that registration and admission to Centre Stage classes are subject to the conditions below, and attendance of classes, workshops or activities and productions is recognition of their acceptance of these conditions. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Centre Stage may modify these terms and Conditions at any time. Such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on the website. Accordingly, your continued attendance of classes, workshops or activities and productions shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
- Registration documents must be completed either in person at one of our centres or online at www.centre-stage.com One invoice will be raised for the first term’s classes, which will include the following elements.
Fees – First Term (attending class)
As part of the first terms fees, the following is payable:
$50 – One time registration fee (a per family fee)
$200 – deposit per class per child enrolled.
$ Fee/class per week, multiplied by the number of weeks in the term.
- Payment must be made according to payment terms stated on the invoice, and ALL FEES must be paid in full prior to the start of term (or start of attendance to class if joining class mid-term). We regret to inform you that non-compliance with these terms may result in the student not having access to class and the place being released for the wait list. Please contact administration if there are any issues with payment according to terms
Withdrawal from Class
- The deposit is refundable only on receipt of written notice of withdrawal of at least 4 teaching weeks. If no such withdrawal notice is received, you will be automatically billed for and liable for the following term’s fees. If a written withdrawal notice is delivered to Centre Stage during a Centre Stage holiday it will be deemed received by Centre Stage on the first day in session following the holiday.
- There will be no classes held on public holidays. In the event of two public holidays falling on the same day of the week during any one term, a refund for the second class will be given. There will be no refund or make up class in case of closure resulting from governmental intervention.
Pick Up and Drop Off from Class: Boundary of Responsibilities
- Centre Stage’s responsibility for the student begins only when the child is delivered to the class room when a teacher is present in the room. Centre Stage is NOT responsible for children if they have been dropped off outside the building nor if they are left unattended anywhere else on Centre Stage property.
Collection from Class
- Please ensure that you are prompt in the collection of your child.
Unsupervised Release from Class
- You child will not be released from class, unsupervised, without a completed and signed release having been submitted and accepted by the office. No child below the age of 7 years will be released unaccompanied.
- In case of need, and in the event that the parents cannot be contacted to give consent, the teacher in charge may authorise the medical examination of the child, the calling of further medical or specialist advice or the removal of the child to hospital, all the expenses thereby incurred to be met by the parents. The parent agrees that Centre Stage or any persons authorised by Centre Stage shall not be liable or responsible for any accident or personal injury sustained or suffered by the child, or for any damage to property however caused while the child is participating in any activity connected to the Centre Stage programme.
Use of Images
- From time to time we record class work to be used for media and academic release. Attendance of any Centre Stage class, production, workshop or event is acceptance of usage of your child’s photograph, written work and voice in academic works, brochures, videos or other promotional materials.
Missing class policy
- There will be no make-up classes if a student misses a class for any reason excepting cancellation of that class by Centre Stage.
For students who are to be absent from class for three consecutive weeks or more in any one term, we will give a 50% credit for a maximum of three missed classes and the fee will be deducted against the next term’s invoice, if we are given advance notice of that absence.
- Please do not bring your children to class if they are sick – this includes a runny nose or a cough. We realise that the common cold is no more than a temporary hiccup for many children, but for some it can quickly develop into much worse. So please be considerate, and keep your child at home if he/she is unwell. Centre Stage reserves the right to ask parents to take their children home, if they arrive at class clearly unwell.
- Some children enrolled at Centre Stage are allergic to nuts. There is always the possibility that children may share their snacks, and to prevent danger to those who suffer with allergies we ask that Centre Stage is maintained as a nut free school.
- We distribute our information by email, as well as making it available from the website. For this system to work effectively we need you to read the e-communications as they are received. We are happy to also distribute the e-communications to multiple contacts per family. Please do ensure that we are carrying all contact details.
Personal Data Protection
- The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) establishes a general data protection law in Singapore which governs the collection, use and disclosure of individuals’ personal data by organisations. The PDPA contains 2 main sets of provisions, covering data protection and the Do Not Call registry (the “DNC”). The Do Not Call registry has come into effect on 2 January 2014 and the data protection provisions have taken effect on the 2 July 2014. If you have registered your Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, fixed-line, residential and business numbers with the registry, the school is unable to contact you via these telephone number(s) for anything other than information related to your current registered classes that you and/or your child attend.
To comply with the PDPA, we hereby seek your consent to use your personal contact details that you provided upon registration and currently available with the school, including your phone numbers, mailing address and email address for the purpose of sending you information related to new events, school activities and promotions. This will allow us to keep you updated on the schools latest happenings, news-related messages, events and promotions. To give consent, kindly indicate your preferences on the registration form. Accordingly, your continued attendance of classes, workshops or activities and productions shall be deemed to be your acceptance of our right to use your personal contact details currently available within the school.
Please be assured that your personal contact details will otherwise be kept confidential. If there have been any changes to your contact details, kindly update the information in the Change of Contact Information form. You may drop off the completed forms at the office or via your child’s class teacher. Alternatively, you may send us the completed scanned copies at email@example.com, or via the online form.
To download a PDF copy of the Terms and Conditions for your reference please CLICK HERE!